<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 11, 2003

More taxi fun. I took a ride from the rank yesterday with a rather feckless driver, something always goes wrong with him and I felt sorry. Today we set off smartly enough, but two blocks down the rush-hour-clogged 25 de Setembro he muttered something about the lights and pulled into the side of the road.

"What's up?"
"Its getting dark now so I have to switch on the lights. But the car is knackered so I have to fiddle under the bonnet to switch them on".

Sure enough he popped the 'hood' and 30 secs later the headlights came on. The traffic was moving so slowly and randomly (kind of Brownian motion across the lanes) that he easily managed to force his way back into the stream and we made it home minutes later. Still, I think I will give his bangermobile a miss today.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?