Wednesday, August 25, 2004
A hectic few weeks since the last post, I...
- bought my tickets to Indonesia (I'll collect them tomorrow)
- bought a PC for the house finally, so I can have something permanently connected to the internet instead of the cracked-screen DHCP madness that is my laptop
- spent a wednesday night in Nelspruit, that clean but oh-so-dull town in South Africa, to get my visa renewed, as the Ministry had got themselves into such a mess it was better to sort it out myself
- visited South Africa again to spend the weekend at Gilly's farm near Dullstroom. Nina came with me, which I suspect is the first time a non-white person has stayed at that particular farm as a guest (though to be fair I didn't ask). Even though its the New South Africa, its interesting that she's a Mozambican...
- discovered that new PC was missing 512Mb of RAM (a lot), have now phoned the supplier and they will bring it round on friday. Their office is just down the road from my house which is handy (and one of the reasons I chose them).
- gave UTRAFE an ultimatum: if I don't have a contract by the end of September then i will leave their employ
Comments: Post a Comment