<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 25, 2005

It is the Mozambican day of Independence - in fact the 30th Anniversary - but we are going to a Brazilian traditional festival where everyone has to dress up as a stereotypical peasant from the Northeast. I am improvising with a Kilt and Nina is going to wear capulanas (aka Kikoyis/traditional cotton wraps), since that is what Moz peasants wear.

The cold weather is hanging on unexpectedly long (also started unexpectedly late, so fair dos). For the first time since I�m here I found myself actually wanting the heat to come back, even though I know that within days of its appearance I�ll be cursing the sweltering impossibility of sleep and bedding down on the verandah even if it means succumbing to the mosquitoes.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?