<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 23, 2006

The strangest thing just happened! My head is still reeling from it!. I was sitting here typing away at the PC in the corner of my room, when all of a sudden I started to feel woozy. But after a moment I realised that I was fine, that it was not me but the rest of the world that was woozing. The chair swayed beneath me, as did the buildings outside the window. I looked up for some reference that I was not mad, and sure enough the lamp swaying from the ceiling was swinging like a pendulum. I woke Neill up and he had felt it too. I went downstairs and onto the street, and people were bemusedly coming onto their verandahs, looking about them. I shouted up to one "what was that?". "An earth tremor", he replied calmly. "But since when do you get EARTH TREMORS in Maputo", I replied. "Oh, never" he said cheerily, "this is the first time".

Curiouser and curiouser. I shall try and sleep now, with half an eye out for the house collapsing. Hopefully there will be some news about it on the interweb tomorrow. "Geologists notice massive fuck-off faultline just west of Madagascar, that they just 'missed' before", or something like that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?